After the presents are unwrapped, the turkey and brussel sprout leftovers are eaten and there’s only the strawberry cream chocolates left in the tin – it must be time to turn your attention to your New Year celebrations.
If you’re planning to celebrate the New Year by way of a holiday overseas, travelling to and from the airport needs a little extra planning as there will be a large number of extra passengers and travellers all with the same idea!
Take a minute to read our 5 top tips for getting to your celebrations on time when it comes to New Year travel.
1. Planning – If you are looking to travel to and from the airport by cab, book ahead. Cab firms get extremely busy during the festive period and with airports like London Heathrow being one of the busiest during this period, you need to ensure you don’t miss your flight.
2. Allow extra time – it will be busy between Christmas and New Year, peaking around 29/30/31 December for those travelling out for New Year holidays. Avoid delays by giving yourself extra time to get to the airport and remember you will need extra time to get through airport security.
3. Hand luggage only – if you’re only going for a short break, then just taking carry on luggage will make life easier and save time. Remember that airlines have strict weight limits for what you can carry on since hand luggage and all liquids, gels, make-up etc must be in a separate clear plastic bag with no bottles over 100ml. Don’t forget to check in online and go straight to security, so no waiting at the luggage carousel when you get to the other end – more time to party!
4. Need extra luggage – off skiing or surfing? Then make sure you’re clear on the airline’s rules and what you need to let them know about in advance. If you are travelling to the airport by cab, we have a handy luggage selector that works out the size of car you need, so you don’t need to know your estate cars from your MPVs. So whether you need a cab that can fit ski’s, your snowboard or that extra large present you received from your great Aunt, there’s no need for last minute panics.
5. Be prepared – hopefully everything will go smoothly for your New Year travel plans but just in case, make sure you have phone numbers for everything from the airline, hotel, cab company etc. so should anything go wrong, you’ve got everything to hand.
As minicabit is being offered by London Heathrow airport, you can book your cab straight from their website here.
Wherever you travel or whatever you plan to do this New Year, may we wish you all a very Happy New Year and a Prosperous 2015.