Every weekend we see customers booking cabs on minicabit to help shift their household items, making use of our innovative luggage selector. So we’re excited to announce we have partnered with Big Yellow Self Storage to offer great cab rates to & from their 83 storage centres throughout the country.
So whether you’re moving back from university, having a spring clean or storing away that precious Star Wars collection, they can help with rooms from 10 sq. ft. to 500 sq. ft. that you can rent for as little as seven days or as long as you need.
Get a storage quote and book a minicab at http://www.bigyellow.co.uk/minicabit
To make sure your cab booking to Big Yellow goes as smoothly
as possible, follow these handy tips:
- Typically 6 to 8 seater minicabs will need to be booked for shifting items into/out of storage. Therefore you should book your cab’s pickup time via minicabit well in advance since larger sized vehicles can get booked up
- It’s best you package any loose items into boxes for easy transportation in the cabs
- You should declare all the luggage items you’re taking using our luggage selector, which will be used to select the appropriate sized car and price
- If you have items that are not listed in the luggage selector, you can enter these extra items in the ‘Additional info’ box. Note the cab operator may charge extra for these items or for sending a larger sized car, which you can pay the driver directly for. Otherwise, not declaring all the luggage items may result in the wrong sized car turning up
- Note it’s unlikely the cab driver can help load or unload the luggage in the cab, since cab drivers are not insured for such tasks
- You should ensure the cab driver is able to park in an easily accessible, safe location at their pickup or dropoff point. This is to minimise the risk to you when loading/unloading luggage in the cab
- The cab driver will wait for up to 15 minutes at no charge when booked via minicabit. Any additional waiting time past this initial 15 minute period may be chargeable by the cab operator, and is to be paid to them or their driver
- You may wish to book separate cab trips for going to and from a Big Yellow store, given the vehicle size needed may differ according to the luggage items being taken on each trip.